Monday, November 9, 2015

The girl behind the screen.

I haven't washed my hair in 3 days in hopes that without applying heat it will have grown at least 2in since Friday evening.
 
Pathetically enough and if we are actually going to be honest, its mainly just pure laziness. Yet, weirdly- I think I'm kind of pulling it off. I don't know if Husband has actually noticed I haven't washed it or has just decided to let me test out my own experiment or maybe thinks I'm having some sort of silent emotional breakdown and refuses to mention for now being that it could cause an even more emotionally unstable breakdown. Michael and I both are pretty OCD about hygiene. Given that piece of information, I know I have a timeline no longer than tomorrow and then I'll have to wash the mane. Or he will throw me in the shower Baby Mama style while I cry in the corner just like Poehler, clothes and all.
 
See what I did there?
 
I ruined a perception you had of me.
You thought that I always have my hair done, makeup on, that I'm manicured, the works.

Now that you all are thoroughly grossed out at the fact that I am:
1. That lazy of a human being.
Let's move on shall we?
(BTW, I have showered. Just refusing to use shampoo for now.)
 
Perception.
Definition: the ability to see, hear, or become aware of something through the senses. 
 
We all have them.
My favorite one is that by what people post on social media is their ACTAUL REAL LIFE.

The girl I am behind this screen is who I am in reality.
(You just know more than my husband knows at this point.)

However, I give you the portion I want you to see.
I am NOT going to post a picture of what day 3 unwashed hair looks like on me.

Here's the reason(s) why:

It's none of your business.
My life is way more messier than my Facebook claims it is.

I know a lot of you think my post about my life are gag worthy and that's okay, I do too most of the time. I constantly am like, really Chrystal? What about the bad shit? All the while all of you are saying, "Her life couldn't possibly be "that perfect"."

Let's be real for a minute..
ITS NOT.

I'm sure if I updated my status 20 times a day with every single thought and event that happened in between the gag worthy stuff, 1. I'd have a lot less friends and a lot more enemies...
Most of you would end up making pretty hilarious and judgmental memes about me or just unfriend me. My ex husbands new wife post meme's about me all the time. SOO MUCH FUN.

That's another post for another day-

Anywhooooo-

What you may not know is that Michael and I argue!!! SHOCKER. Its usually minimal stuff and over in 2.5 seconds, but it happens. In between the pictures on Insta and Facebook- there are arguments, worry, stress. You don't see these things-hear our prayers of bids coming through that could financially help us in many ways more than one, you cant possibly imagine our trials, the things we go through to keep our family afloat. You didn't know that 3 weeks ago our power was cut off or the cable the very next week. Or how Husband doesn't get home sometimes till 8pm on weeknights or works all day on Saturday just to provide for his family because he believes that is HIS job... and how sad it makes me and how appreciative I am that I have a hardworking husband that is killing himself trying to make ends meet for our family of 7. You don't see how hard it is for a mother to let their step mother spank her children, you don't see how hard it is for me to only be a step mother to 3 kids who have completely enraptured my heart and everything that comes along in general about being a step-parent. It's hard. It's all so rewarding at the end of the day. But like I said, there are plenty of things you don't see, I don't post, and I don't talk about.

Stop basing your perceptions on the lives of others, based off of what they post on a social media outlet. Nobody has a perfect life.

My neighbor said to me last month or so, "I had no idea. I just thought because Mike owns his own company and can do all these different amazing things, ya'll didn't have it hard.".

Really?

BTW- I love my neighbor and we have had this conversation plenty. So no bad blood, but seriously.

It does go to show how we perceive others and their lives based off of what we show the world.

Stop judging people from an outside perception.
If you wanna know something, ask me. Don't assume.
9 times out of 10, unless its just extremely personal-
I'm going to tell you.

Ask someone how their day is going. Call an old friend, make sure life is treating them okay.
Because sometimes the strongest looking people are actually the weakest.
Be a good person, stop this generations perception of perfect.
NO ONE IS or HAS A PERFECT LIFE...
And if you do- Man, I would love to talk to you.

I said I wouldn't, but if we are going to keep it real:

Here is the girl behind the screen.
 
3 days of unwashed hair in all its oily glory.
 
 
Sincerely,
-C



1 comment:

  1. I love you more than a fat kid loves cake !!! Keep the hair washed though.... ��

    ReplyDelete